Monday, December 15, 2008

Two Become Three

I'm five months overdue on posting, and I promise to never again fall this far behind. My goal is to update the blog on a much more regular basis, and for good reason- we are expecting a baby girl in April!! Yep, that's right, I am already 6 months pregnant (and have failed to update the blog since finding out the exciting news in early August). The good news is that over the past 5 months you've been spared being bored to death with details of my aversions (chicken, fish), cravings (lemonade, gingersnaps), and the rare occasions on which I found myself running for a bathroom due to morning sickness (including the Riverside courthouse).

The past 5 months have been filled with joy, nerves, excitement, and elation. I have gotten better at leaving work at a normal hour. Brent is thrilled to report that I have gotten better at sleeping in (something he never thought I would do).

I'll spend the next few posts catching you up on some of the funny stories from the past 5 months. The best way to begin is with August 2nd, 2008- the day we learned that two would become three.

Wednesday, July 30th: While I had a feeling that I might be pregnant, the instructions on the box said it was probably too early to test. Nevertheless, I tested, and after waiting a couple minutes and not seeing a positive result I threw it away, knowing that I would test again in a couple days.

Friday August 1, 2008: I tested again, mainly because I knew I'd be spending the day climbing 4-story high scaffolding and exposed to mold on my big case up in Glendale. Despite the fact that this had been routine for me the past two months, I figured it wasn't the safest thing to be doing pregnant. Again, no positive result showed on the test- so I threw it too away and spent the day on scaffolding.

Saturday August 2, 2008: Brent and I spent the day working on the house and in the yard. In the afternoon I took the bathroom trash out, and looked down to see two positive pregnancy tests looking up at me. My screams filled the house and Brent came running. The shock from discovering the positive tests from the previous days soon turned to joy and a digital test purchased an hour later confirmed the news: life in the burbs' was about to get a lot more exciting.

So the morale of the story is: wait the full 3 minutes the box tells you to wait prior to reading the test results. My impatient self has already learned a lot this pregnancy :)

No comments: