I cannot tear myself away from the news. The fires in San Diego have already evacuated many of our friends, and we know a wonderful couple who lost their home (they were out of town and did not manage to get anything out). My heart breaks for the families who have no clue if their homes are still standing.
As we went to bed last night, Brent asked me if we could just get married at Sunset Cliffs if (god forbid) something happened to the Estancia over the next couple days. Just the fact that he posed the question totally freaked me out. I know that it won't matter where we get married, as long as we get married- but I still can't imagine not having our wedding at the Estancia. For now La Jolla appears to be safe, as they have just begun evacuations in Del Mar.
I finally called and purchased renter's insurance this morning as I realized that we had no protection in case there is a fire close to home. We love our new neighborhood and its rolling hills, but they certainly pose a fire risk.
My thoughts go out to our family and friends who have been evacuated. Stay safe and we will be praying for you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment