Saturday, December 15, 2007

Double Income No Kids


Yes, you read that title right- I'm gainfully employed!!! Which means that we are once again a dual income household, and my sweet husband is surely breathing a sigh of relief as I type. As of January 2nd, I will be the 8th attorney at a construction defect litigation firm in Costa Mesa (conveniently located right next to South Coast Plaza- hmmm, maybe that's not entirely a good thing).


I know that I have made the right decision in signing this offer and I am excited for the steep learning curve that is to come, as I know NOTHING about construction law. I was told that I will be conducting frequent site inspections...does that mean a hardhat is in my near future? Sweet!


I have to thank Brent for being so incredibly loving and supportive- he certainly has been by my side for the ups and downs of law school, failing the bar and re-taking it (and passing!), and being let go from my old firm. Here's to hoping there are no major changes for quite some time, and that we can remain a "double income no kids household" for awhile.


We're off to Brent's company holiday party, which will deserve its own post tomorrow.

No comments: