Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thankful Thursday


I've seen this done on other blogs and think it is a great way for me to give thanks instead of complaining about the little things that aren't really that important.
Since it's 2008, each Thursday I will post 8 things I am thankful for:

1. My husband. Not only did he cook dinner for us (out of a cookbook!) this week, but he always does things to let me know that he's thinking about me- whether it's a phone call or a note in my briefcase. I light up when he comes in the door at the end of the day, and look forward to the weekends because relaxing at home with him is one of my favorite things.
2. My job. I feel so lucky to have found a firm where I feel comfortable and actually like coming to work in the morning. I am thankful for having hilarious bosses and co-workers (even if most of them are Cal fans).
3. My parents. My mom and dad came to watch me in court on Tuesday morning in San Diego, and then insisted I go out to breakfast with them instead of getting right back on the freeway. It was such a treat to get to spend some 1-on-1 time with them!
4. My blackberry....or should I say the Blackberry Messenger application. Now Meg and I can instant message each other on our handheld devices.
5. Orange County. The fact that I don't have to sit in traffic anymore, and that running an errand can be done in under 20 minutes. Plus it's conveniently close to our siblings, who we adore seeing.
6. Less weddings in 2008. Not that we did not thoroughly enjoy and appreciate each and every wedding we attended in 2007 (10!), but it is really wonderful to have some weekends at home this year. As of now there are only 2 on the calendar, 1 being Brent's brother's which we are both in!
7. New Life. I am so excited that there will be a new baby girl joining our family in less than 2 months. Baby Paige is already so loved and we are all thrilled to meet her.
8. The Chargers. I just pray that Sunday's game is a good matchup. GO Bolts!

No comments: