
I spent all of today in Rancho Cucamonga, conducting site inspections on homes. Site inspections involve a dozen attorneys, a dozen experts, and lots of picture taking, measuring, and notetaking. As I am new to the world of construction defect litigation, this was the first time I had walked through homes, inspected stucco, and climbed a ladder onto someone else's roof. Yes, I got up on the roofs- I figured I might as well see the alleeged defects instead of just let my expert tell me about them. The highlight of the day was when the police came to one of the houses because a neighbor thought what we were doing was illegal and called 911. None of us were arrested :) And I cannot believe the crap that people have in their homes that they have never gotten rid of- pack rats, much? The picture below illustrates one of the homes I was in today- I kid you not, the ENTIRE kitchen was done in this theme- even the wallpaper and backsplash. Ugh.



No comments:
Post a Comment