Thursday, February 28, 2008

We Love L.A.

Here's the overdue post on our mini-vacay in LA. After a fabulous breakfast at Jerry's in Westwood on Saturday morning, we HAD to head over to Maloney's (I refuse to call it O'Hara's) for a tall boy prior to the game. I seriously don't know how I used to drink multiple of those in one night. Just one on Saturday made me tipsy.

The basketball game was a bit nerve-wracking at times but UCLA pulled off a W, and after a short shopping trip in Ackerman for some new UCLA garb, it was off to the hotel for check-in. You can't miss the Hotel Angeleno- it's the circular hotel literally on-top of the 405 freeway. They've done such a great job transforming the hotel from what was once a Holiday Inn into a uber-modern hotel with a very fun lounge/bar.

We had the pleasure of eating dinner with Laszlo, Bryan and Katie at a great new Italian restaurant in West Hollywood, and then it was off to Falcon in Hollywood for a very fun birthday bash for several of Brent's college friends. It was a late night but such a great time. I love that L.A. is not too far from our new home in the OC.





And what would a trip to Westwood be without a stop by our old apartment building on Roebling!

No comments: