Friday, April 15, 2011

Her First Day


Overall, I'd give Blakley's first day of school a B+. It might have been an A, were it not for the fact that she woke up at 5:45 a.m. yesterday, and was already yawning when I dropped her off. Her teachers reported that she played happily and ate a lot of the scrambled eggs they made for snack/activity, but that at 11:00 a.m. she started to get exhausted + sad, and wouldn't touch her lunch. When I peeked through the window at 12: 15, I saw this: Sweet B was literally about to fall asleep sitting up during circle time. Then I saw her big eyes fill with tears, and the tiredness overtook her emotions- and she was done. She very enthusiastically told me that she had lots of fun, played with friends, and that her favorite part of it all was the "singing" and "counting" during the scrambled egg making. I'm crossing my fingers that more rest over the weekend will lead to a more rested Tuesday morning at preschool :)

No comments: