Blakley is obssessed with the lizards that live in our yard. She runs around saying, "yizard, aaaaare you?" (lizard, where are you?). She's always loved to squat down and find them amongst the bushes, and watch them sunbathe on our front patio. We've got one lizard named ("Lucky" because he only has three legs), and she always squeals with delight when we see him.
Last weekend we noticed a very lazy lizard right inside the garage. Upon further examination, I realized he was dead. I tried to tell her he was just a sleepy lizard, but the kid didn't miss a beat. She told me to move him with a shovel- and so I did, explaining to her that he had passed away. Since then she tells me that every worm and bug in our yard has passed away and needs to be moved with a shovel, and she attempts to do it herself with her beach shovel.


No comments:
Post a Comment